struts-user mailing list archives

From Ray Clough <...@allthisisthat.com>
Subject [S2] Struts-JSF Plugin and Tiles
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:43:23 GMT

We are trying to use Struts-2 with the JSF Plugin, and Tiles.

Since the typical method of using Tiles in S2 involves the Tiles plugin, and
then using the action attribute 'type=tiles', and the typical method of
using JSF in S2 is to use the JSF plugin and then use the action attribute
'type=jsf', and since you can't define a compound 'type', we are using
Tiles-2 standalone.  So our action result tags now are something like
<result name="bob" type="jsf"> Bob.jsf.tiles </result>.  The page renders
properly using tiled jsf and jsp components, using a combination of S2 tags
and jsf tags.

Our jsp/jsf page is using a Tomahawk table component with a linked 'pager'
component.  Neither paging nor table column sorting work.

The problem is that the url submitted is for the tile name (i.e. Bob.jsf)
not for the action (i.e. Bob.action).  This seems to indicate some
fundamental incompatibility (i.e., a big bug) between the jsf plugin and
tiles.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone tried anything like this and either
succeeded or failed?

- Ray Clough