struts-user mailing list archives

From Ray Clough <...@allthisisthat.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Session Invalidation through SessionAware interface
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:28:57 GMT

I use the "SessionAware" interface to retrieve a Map of the session.  Then to
invalidate the Session, I do this:

		if (session instanceof org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.SessionMap) {
			// it is possible that the session will have timed-out between the
			// point at which it was acquired above and now.  Attempting to
			// invalidate an already invalid session will result in an
			// exception being thrown.
			try {
				((org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.SessionMap)session).invalidate();
			} catch (IllegalStateException ise) {
				String msg = "'LogoutAction.logout()' caught an "
					+ "IllegalStateException, possibly because the session "
					+ "has already been invalidated or timed out.";
				logger.warn(msg,ise);
			}

- Ray Clough