struts-user mailing list archives

From "Petzsch, Martin" <martin.petz...@capgemini.com>
Subject Validation of @SessionScoped Actions
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:44:12 GMT

Hi,

I have an action which is annotated with @SessionScoped (using Guice as the
object factory).

When I attach validation to the fields, a validation message is added to the
action each time I submit which means that I end up with multiple error
messages appearing for each field.  I understand that this is because the
list of actionErrors is simply added to because my action is session scoped.

Question is:  How do I clear this list, or is there a pattern for validation
in session scoped actions?  I know that there is a method to clear
actionerrors BUT I can't see how to call this method since my action method
will not be called because there are action errors still present.

Many thanks,

Martin

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini
UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office
is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.