struts-user mailing list archives

From "Himanshu Ranavat" <hrana...@xythos.com>
Subject RE: [S2] Passing URL as parameter between JSP pages
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:50:22 GMT
Hey Srinivas

Maybe u cud create a form and create a hidden variable to pass the URL
around between different pages. Retrieve the URL from the form, process
it if u need, add it again as a hidden variable in a form in the next
page. try to submit the form by post.

Also see if this helps:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/how-can-we-access-request-parameters-p
assed-into-an-action.html
Himanshu

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivas.N. [mailto:nsp1974@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:43 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: [S2] Passing URL as parameter between JSP pages

I am developing an app for which there is a common pagination bar (call
it
"paginationInclude.jsp") that is included at the bottom of several
different
pages.

The pagination include needs to get a "base url" from the including page
and
then append a "pagenum" param to that URL to generate the final URL for
the
numbers in the pagination bar.

How do I pass the "base url" from the including page - if I use <s:url>
tag
to generate the "base url" in the including page how do I retrieve that
in
paginationInclude.jsp and how do I just attach an extra param to the
base
url in "paginationInclude.jsp" to generate the new url?

Thanks
Srinivas