struts-user mailing list archives

From hezjing <hezj...@gmail.com>
Subject How to invoke actions in different configuration packages
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:56:45 GMT
Hi!

When we have the Struts configuration below:

    <package name="person" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="list" method="execute" class="personAction">
            <result>pages/persons.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>

We can invoke the action by /list.action.

Why do we want to create a package like the above?

But can we have multiple packages like the following?

    <package name="person" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="list" method="execute" class="personAction">
            <result>pages/persons.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>
    <package name="product" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="list" method="execute" class="productAction">
            <result>pages/products.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>

How do we invoke the list action for person and product?

--

Hez