struts-user mailing list archives

From Manoj.Gu...@virginmoney.com
Subject Struts 2.0 validation
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:13:34 GMT
Hi All,

I am using struts 2.0 for the first time. what i undersatnd is we have
<actionname>-validation.xml file where in we define the  validation rules.

In my current project i am having one action class called
ApplicantAction.java where i have defines two action methods for two
separate form submission.
It means that i have to define field attributes for both the forms in the
same action class. The problem which i am facing is that as i have one
validator class for the
action class it validates all the fields (for both the form) and thus
everytime returns with an error message.
To further expalin the scenario when the first form is submitted the
validation is done for the second form also and vice-versa.

I would be really helpful if anycome and provide some advice on this.

Thanks.
Manoj.

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a copy in error,
please inform the sender and then delete this message. Virgin Money do not accept responsibility
for changes made to any e-mail after sending. Virgin Money have swept, and believe this e-mail
to be free of viruses and profanity but make no guarantees to this effect.

Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority. Registered in England no. 3072766. Entered on the Financial Services Authority's
Register http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/. Register Number 179271. The Virgin Deposit Account
is a personal bank account with The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority. Registered in England no. 3000482. Entered on the Financial Services Authority's
Register. Register Number 171748.

Virgin Money Ltd. Registered in England no. 4232392. Introducer appointed representative only
of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd.

Virgin Money Management Services Ltd. Registered in England no.3072772.

Virgin Money Group Ltd. Registered in England no.3087587.

All the above companies have their Registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich
NR4 6EJ.

All products are open only to residents of the United Kingdom.

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money email scanning system