struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Harland" <dharl...@ufi.com>
Subject RE: Struts 2.0 validation
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:17:47 GMT
You can set set up specific validation for specific methods

Have a look at the mailreader application there are examples.

Regards

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com [mailto:Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com]
Sent: 29 June 2007 11:14
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Struts 2.0 validation

Hi All,

I am using struts 2.0 for the first time. what i undersatnd is we have
<actionname>-validation.xml file where in we define the  validation
rules.

In my current project i am having one action class called
ApplicantAction.java where i have defines two action methods for two
separate form submission.
It means that i have to define field attributes for both the forms in
the same action class. The problem which i am facing is that as i have
one validator class for the action class it validates all the fields
(for both the form) and thus everytime returns with an error message.
To further expalin the scenario when the first form is submitted the
validation is done for the second form also and vice-versa.

I would be really helpful if anycome and provide some advice on this.

Thanks.
Manoj.

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you
receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this
message. Virgin Money do not accept responsibility for changes made to
any e-mail after sending. Virgin Money have swept, and believe this
e-mail to be free of viruses and profanity but make no guarantees to
this effect.

Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England no. 3072766.
Entered on the Financial Services Authority's Register
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/. Register Number 179271. The Virgin
Deposit Account is a personal bank account with The Royal Bank of
Scotland.

Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Registered in England no. 3000482. Entered
on the Financial Services Authority's Register. Register Number 171748.

Virgin Money Ltd. Registered in England no. 4232392. Introducer
appointed representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service
Ltd.

Virgin Money Management Services Ltd. Registered in England no.3072772.

Virgin Money Group Ltd. Registered in England no.3087587.

All the above companies have their Registered office at Discovery House,
Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ.

All products are open only to residents of the United Kingdom.

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money
email scanning system powered by Messagelabs.

- ------
ML {UFI}

Ufi Limited
Registered in England No.  3980770
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP

learndirect Solutions Ltd
Registered in England No. 5081669
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP

UFI Charitable Trust
Registered in England No.  3658378
Registered Charity No.  1081028
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP