struts-user mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: email within action
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:33:48 GMT
Hello
How can I send the email asynchronously? My timeframe is the lifecycle of the action and my
browser session.    Can I really get a mail session and send from within an action?  Doesnt
that assume I am threading the process?  When would this breakdown?  At 100/hr or 1000/hr?
 Thank you.

Oguz Kologlu <ozkologlu@optusnet.com.au> wrote: yes, The main issue will response times
if you a send emails
synchronously ( if you can you send async). Async will definitely
scale better since the client isn't blocking a thread for nothing.
Simultaneous clients should be no problem as long as you follow the
same threading rules as everything else shared vars etc.

For high loads you should use messaging. There's a ton of stuff on
the net about async programming but it really depends on your
environment. For a full JEE setup I'd probably use a Message Driven
Bean. What sort of volume are you looking at and what's the environment?

Oz