struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Mentors, Was: How To Lock User Account If he Failed to give Correct Password in three attempts
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:48:23 GMT
Personally, I've never thought that RTFM or PRTM by itself is a
sufficient response. Since all of our material is online, it's much
better to provide a link directly to a relevant page in the
documentation. IMHO, it's just as lazy to reply with "RTM" as it is to
post without reading the manual. :) Sometimes, I've found that, in
fact, the answer is not in the manual, or not easy to find. At which
point, I try to add the page and then link to it. (Remember, anyone
who files a CLA with the ASF is welcome to help with the
documentation.)

I would like to stress that we do not consider it acceptable to
criticize anyone who makes a good-faith post to this list. The ASF
motto is "Criticize the code, not the coder". I would consider it a
personal favor if we could avoid references to an individual or an
individual's employer. The Struts User List has always been welcome to
newcomers and to any question, no matter how basic or how naive, and I
would very much like to keep that tradition alive.

-Ted.