struts-user mailing list archives

From Oguz Kologlu <ozkolo...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Ending session
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:55:51 GMT
I think the way it is mostly done is by using push events from the
server. Have a look at Mortbay Jetty servlet container if you are
really interested, It's supposed to handle continuations/push events
quite well. If you can no longer push server events out you could
make the assumption the client has disconnected.

Greg Wilkins had a video on it not too long ago that was interesting
- you should be able to find it on google easily. He's been working
on the whole connection scalability issue for quite some time ( I
think he had some experimental java.nio stuff back in v5.0).

Overall though, I agree you can't reliably trust the browser to
notify you of the end of session.

Oz