struts-user mailing list archives

From maya <maya778...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: error on struts 1.1
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 17:09:44 GMT

my gosh, you are right.... hmm.. interesting..

ok, so I need to know certain basic things..  I assume general rule,
regardless of version, is jars always go in WEB-INF/lib, tld's, go in
WEB-INF/.. but couldn't find tld's, so searched for them.. found them in
different directories, some in
src/taglib/src/main/resources/META-INF/tld, some in
src/el/src/main/resources/META-INF/tld..  this is a bit confusing.. why
don't they just put all tld's together?  it doesn't say anyting in this
pg, http://struts.apache.org/1.3.8/userGuide/installation.html as far
where to put tld's.. I assume tld's always go in WEB-INF/..  is this
correct?

(I just downloaded struts-1.3.8-lib.zip, doesn't even come with tld's..
how is this possible?  tld's are always needed, aren't they?  simplest
would be a folder called 'tld' w/all tld's in there.. gosh, this is a
bit messy, not sure what tld's will need.. from all the different tld's
I found in diff folders in src version...

same thing w/dtd's -- are they needed? if so where do they go? and which
ones do I need? when search for dtd's in src download find a million of
them, in different folders...

oh brother...

thank you...