struts-user mailing list archives

From maya <maya778...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: error on struts 1.1
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 16:22:35 GMT
Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2007/5/7, maya <maya778899@yahoo.com>:
>>

>> hi, on this pg of struts 1.1 documentation,
>

> Time to upgrade I suppose :-)
>

> 2007/5/7, maya <maya778899@yahoo.com>:
>>

>> it says where to put jar's, tld's, etc.. but not dtd's... what are dtd's
>

> I went to Google and typed "dtd", this is the first result:
> http://www.w3schools.com/dtd/default.asp
>

> and where do they go?  I don't see any ref to dtd's in the documenation..
>

> You don't have to worry about DTDs, since they are already included in
> Struts package. DTDs are needed when validating XML files. In your case
> they
> are needed to validate Tiles configuration files.
>

> right now trying to do a simple layout.. (so: using only tiles-related
>> stuff for now..)
>>
>> but get error:
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException
>> org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag
>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(
>> JspServletWrapper.java:512)
>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java
>>
>> :377)
>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>

> This is another problem, please check if your Tiles definitions are loaded
> correctly at startup. And anyway you should post the complete stacktrace.
>
> why can't I find a ref to dtd's -- and an explanation as to what they
>> are for -- in documenation?
>

> What DTDs are you referring to?

all the ones that come w/download...

ok, downloaded 1.3.8.. (can't find url to download 1.3.5..)  gosh, every
version has a problem..  on this one can't find documentation..  has to
be built w/maven..  have never used maven, only Ant..  man, what a pain,
I swear...
what do I need to do to build documentation with maven?

oh brother...

why can't all downloads come with documentation built already? it's just
a bunch of html files....