struts-user mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: [S2] populating user roles
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 10:42:50 GMT
> Am I missing something?   I have a working version of an AuthInterceptor, but
> still no examples on how to control isUserInRole().

To control the isUserInRole() you will have to look at your Servlet
container and customise the AuthInterceptor to interact with your
container's implementation of JAAS.

The obvious question is why don't you use JAAS to populate the roles on
login? The reason we don't is that we have a complex authorisation hierarchy
that was just too complex for JAAS alone. It sounds like you don't need that
level of complexity. I'd go for just straight JAAS. Have a look at the free
JAAS in Action book (http://www.jaasbook.com/) I found it really useful.

Z.