struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding "How can we test applications?" in S2 doc online
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:26:56 GMT
On 5/30/07, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The nice part is that with a good set of service
> ("util") classes the web app, the web services, the
> unit tests, etc. all use the same underlying code
> (functionality). As would a desktop Swing client or
> utilities, etc.

Yes, we're in the midst of writing a new application module that uses
an Ajax frontend. It's uses the same business logic framework as
another module we did that used conventional server pages. We're
writing a new business facade, to simplify the Ajax calls, but those
pass through to all the same business objects we use elsewhere.

Web services are useful, but it's important to note that they are not
essential to a Service Orientated Architecture. Business objects
loaded via Spring, or just popped into application scope, work just as
well.

-Ted.