struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [S2] Book Ideas
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 20:13:21 GMT
Deadtree or not, word to the wise, you might want to seriously
consider using DocBook as a writing platform, as we are doing for
Struts from Square One.

* http://code.google.com/p/sq1-struts2/

Once we got it setup for TextPad, I found DocBook to be the easiest
way to write a technical book. The best part for me is that it's easy
to include external source files, so that you can continue to test and
edit the source in an IDE. Ditto for images and such.

Well, external source is the second-best part. The very best part has
to be that DocBook is a text format, and plays well with Subversion :)

The Velocity group has brought out a new DocBook Framework, but I
haven't had a chance to try it yet.

* http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/

I wish I had to bandwidth to do more work on a Struts 2 book myself
this year, but with the workload at the office, it's just not in the
cards. :(

HTH, Ted.