struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: [S2] Obtaining Session/Request Object
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 20:55:43 GMT
--- yitzle <yitzle@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> So, it would seem a Strut project is a servlet. It
> runs inside the web container, receives an HTTP
> request, generates and sends an HTTP response. Meets

> all the criteria. Right? Now, how do you define a
web
> application?

You may wish to seek elsewhere for non-Struts related
questions. I'm starting to feel like we're doing your
homework for you.

A "Struts project" is not a servlet. A Struts project
might *have* a servlet (and in S1 is pretty much
guaranteed to have at least one), but in S2 they might
be considered an anomaly.

A web application is any application that runs on the
web, like a blog, or web email, or social site, or
whatever.

d.