struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Cruz" <JoC...@ncen.com>
Subject RE: Multi lingual web site
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 20:46:14 GMT
Hello,

There are a few ways I've gotten around this:

1. Store the other languages in the same table that populates the
"select" control.  In the future, if you add more languages to your
site, you just add to that table.  (Which would be similar to adding
another resource file for that new language.)

2. If the "select" controls have a few "options" associated with them,
you could use a Map to populate the "select" control.  This Map could be
generated within your Action, and could be populated using the
appropriate resource, (according to the language/Locale that the user
requires).  Again, it all depends on how many "options" your "select"
has.  I use it for those "selects" that have no more than 10 "options".

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Yuen [mailto:joe.yuen@chisq.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:16 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Multi lingual web site

I am trying to build a mutilingual website. I'm currently using a
resource file and that all work great except for some select boxes the
data comes from the database where the data is in english. I was
wondering how other people handle this situation? Should I have the same
table also store the same words in spanish for example? Any
ideas?Suggestions?

Thanks,
-Joe