struts-user mailing list archives

From "Olivier THIERRY" <olivier.thie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Can't make validation work
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 10:12:35 GMT
OK, it works now. Not perfectly, but it works.

Actually I had to name my validation file
CreerDmandeAbsenceAction-submitCreerDemandeAbsence-validation.xml, beginning
with an uppercase letter. Then I put this file in my action package as you
said. But it worked only when I set the validate attribute of my form to
true in the JSP ... When I set this attribute to false, the validation
doesn't work at all. Maybe it's because I use Ajax theme ?
But I still have problems, when i submit my form :
- I have a Javascript popup for each datetimepicker in my form (message :
"TypeError: row.cells has no properties")
- There is no validation on radio buttons ...
- When I submit my form a second time, the errors list is not reseted, so
the remaining errors are displayed twice ...
- The label for required fields turns to red ... but only for text fields
and selects, but not for datetimepickers, radio buttons or textareas ...

Moreover, is there a way to group the error messages on top of the form, and
not besides each field (I know it was the default behaviour with Struts 1
but can't find how to do it with Struts 2).

Thanks for your help ;)

Olivier