struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: [s2] If Test Conditions
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:10:22 GMT
The problem is that displaytag places the current row in the pageContext
but none of your expressions are addressing it.

I tend to just use JSTL within displaytag tables as its much easier to
access the current row.
I also tend to add getters to my bean to simplify the expressions
instead of hardcoding it in the JSP. eg. isNew()

Anyway, this is a struts2 way to access it:

<display:table id="idContract" name="contracts" class="results">
   <s:set name="rowIdContact" value="#attr.idContract"/>
      <display:column titleKey="label.select">
	<s:if test="#rowIdContact.equals('NEW')">
         	<s:checkbox name="selectedContracts"

etc.
The main point of that is that the idContact row is accessed via #attr

But this is my preferred way:

<display:table id="idContract" name="contracts" class="results">
   <display:column titleKey="label.select">
      <c:if test="idContract.new">
       	<s:checkbox name="selectedContracts"

where isNew() is property of the row class.