struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: forwarding to another action passing parameters
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 19:14:21 GMT
Gena Batsyan wrote:
> Why not, we have two actions with absolutely distinct purposes, one for
> entry creation and another for entity listing, but the listing has a
> little feature to display messages.

If you have two actions you want to expose to your users, then by all
means they should both be web actions.  If you only want one of them to
be exposed through your web interface, and you are afraid of security
implications resulting from unexpected arguments to the other, then
maybe they shouldn't both be web actions.  You've got to decide what
your requirements are before you can decide how to implement them, and
how similar/dissimilar they should be.

-Dale