struts-user mailing list archives

From Mansour <mansou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems getting started with Tiles2/S2
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 01:43:15 GMT
Sorry Dave, but I don't understand what you mean by every result needs a
definition.  Can you give me an example please ?
Do you mean for every single page on the site I need a definition ? And
for each single action ?
What do I put in the body ? The page I need to display ? if so, what's
the point of using tiles, I can just go ahead and include this pages
fragments  in my files ?

Ok let say I have an action :

        <action name="search" class="action.SearchAction">
            <result name="success">/pages/results.jsp</result>
            <result name="ERROR">/pages/exception.jsp</result>
        </action>

How do I get around this ?
The way I though tiles work is just like a master page in .net where you
create a template and then every single page on that site is decorated
and encapsulated in that master page, therefore resulting in a
consistent look and feel without a lot of efforts. Is this the case with
tiles ?