struts-user mailing list archives

From Skip Hollowell <s...@skipdaddy.com>
Subject [S2] Setting Global Variable in Struts 2
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 15:15:34 GMT
I know this is probably a dumb question, and even more so it is probably
in some best practices doc that I haven't seen, but here goes anyway.

What is the preferred/recommended method for setting some global
variables for my struts 2 app?  These are things that may change
sometime, so I would update a config file somewhere and then just
restart the app.
for example
AGE_MAX=18
AGE_MIN=65

Obviously I can just use standard properties XML stuff, but I wasn't
sure of the best place to read the file, and if there were already some
built in preferred methods of opening and readying config files.

Thanks for any insight.

Skip Hollowell