struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with DispatchAction
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:52:32 GMT
On 5/6/07, zuban <allan345@gmail.com> wrote:

> Laurie Harper wrote:
> >
> > zuban wrote:
> >> It is working if I type manualy ExampleSubmit.do?method=delete
> >> (The delete-method in the action-class ist calling)
> >>
> >> It is also working with this submit-button:
> >>
> >> But why doesn't work <html:submit
> >> onclick="this.form.method.value='delete'">
> >>
> >> This should be the same like in this example:
> >> http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-extras/dispatchValidator.html
> >
> > I don't see anything like your code on that page. Setting the form's
> > method is not the same as passing a 'method' request parameter. What
> > you're doing is telling the browser to make an HTTP DELETE request
> > instead of a GET or POST. What are you trying to achieve by using the
> > onclick handler?
> >

> I'd like to have a request-parameter named "method" and the value of
> "method" should be set in dependence of the submit-button (if more then one
> submit-buttons).
> In other words the onclick-handler should set the request-paremter "method"
> to a special value.
> i.e. if I click on a "add-button" "method" will have the value "add" and if

Simple ways don't work for you, eh? Why would not you just use plain old

<input type="submit" name="method" value="delete" />

Do you need to have different events for one button depending on some
other condition? if not, then the only other reason would be that you
want to have a fancier button caption instead of "delete". In this
case forget about DispatchAction. Better choices like
EventDispatchAction or EventActionDispatcher are available:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/EventActionDispatcher

Michael.