struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mulligan, Scott H" <scott.mulli...@eds.com>
Subject Map Backed Property problem
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 17:54:02 GMT
I am trying to use a map-backed property but my form values are not
getting into the Map.

When I debug the code I see the "descriptor" being returned by
PropertyUtils is a MappedPropertyDescriptor, but the mappedWriteMethod
is null. The mappedReadMethod looks good though (name=getHostInfo).

My action form contains:

    private HashMap hostInfo = new HashMap();

	public void setHostInfo(String key, Object value) {
		hostInfo.put(key, value);
	}

	public String getHostInfo(String key) {
		return (String)hostInfo.get(key);
	}

My jsp form field has a name of hostInfo(commonHost01).

Anybody have any ideas on why my write method is not being found?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Scott Mulligan