struts-user mailing list archives

From jondcruz <JoC...@ncen.com>
Subject XML error reading definitions
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 21:10:21 GMT

Hello,

I've posted this question on the Webwork forums, and thought that maybe the
Struts2 community could help.  I've integrated Tiles into my WW application,
and am seeing an error that I can't seem to track down.  I've combed the
various WW and S2 forums and can't find anything specific to my error.

First, some env info:

*** Tomcat 4.1.31
*** Occurs in FireFox 1.5 and IE 6.0
*** WW 2.2.5  (last release before being officially merged into S2 I
believe)
*** Using the JARs for WW 2.2.5 for all other dependencies (rife, ognl, etc)
*** Two machines being used for testing on WinXP boxes.

*** I'm doing some *very* basic load testing on a WW app I'm creating.

*** Basically I have two machines viewing the same webpage and I'm hitting
the F5 key to refresh the screen. The webpage does a few basic DB hits,
(part of what I'm testing).   Eventually I plan to use JMeter to test it
more thoroughly...

*** If I alternate F5 presses, everything is okay.
*** If I hit F5 on each machine at roughly the same time,

I get the following exeption:

javax.servlet.ServletException: XML error reading definitions.
at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUti
ls.java:236)
at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.
java:202)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFil
terChain.java:166)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain
.java:146)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
209)

With the Root Cause:

org.apache.tiles.DefinitionsFactoryException: XML error reading definitions.
at
org.apache.tiles.digester.DigesterDefinitionsReader.read(DigesterDefinitionsRea
der.java:156)
at
org.apache.tiles.definition.UrlDefinitionsFactory.readDefinitions(UrlDefinition
sFactory.java:220)
at
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.tiles.TilesResult.getComponentDefinition(TilesRe
sult.java:137)
at
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.tiles.TilesResult.doExecute(TilesResult.java:91)

*** If I take Tiles out of the picture, this exception goes away.

I've truncated the logs, figuring the first 10 or so lines would be the most
important.   In particular I'm curious about what
"org.apache.tiles.digester.DigesterDefinitionsReader" does to cause the
expection...

I can send/attach the full log error and exception if necessary.

Anyone seen this particular exception before?

Thanks.