struts-user mailing list archives

From adambomb <dupeme...@yahoo.com>
Subject Displaying bean from action class
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 13:27:21 GMT

Hi, I have a jsp page which displays more than one drop down lists and is
being populated from the database. Now when I click on a submit button after
selecting the values from two dropdowns. it should go and search in the
table and retrieve a collection of rows of that table(based on the values of
two columns) and should display on the same page using <logic:iterate>. When
I hit 'submit' button, the form bean is populated and validation is done.
After that it goes in the action class and I have :

if(MyBeanForm.getAction().equalsIgnoreCase("submit"))
{
try{
MyFormObject.getResults().size();
return mapping.findforward("success");
}
}
AND the FormBean is like:
public Collection getResults()
{
Session sess=HibernateUtils.getSessionFactory().openSession();
List list=sess.createQuery("Select ds from MyTable ds where ds.firstfield =
"+formfirstfield +" and ds.secondfield= "+formsecondfield).list();
sess.close();
return list;
}

Everthing uptill here is fine, but when I want to display it on the jsp
page, it doesnt seem to retain the values of the request parameters and
executes the query with formfirstfield and formsecondfield as "null", and
thus results in null output.

JSP page tag is like:
<logic:iterate id="SOMEID" indexId="idx" name="SOMENAME" property="results"
type="sometype">
</logic:iterate>

I think I m missing something in action class to populate the bean but Im
not sure what .

Kindly Help.....