struts-user mailing list archives

From stanl...@gmail.com
Subject Tiles 2 woes
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:12:06 GMT
I'm trying to migrate a S1 web app to S2.  Most things are working with the
exception of Tiles.  Here is the list of things I did in case someone might
detect a glitch;

   1. Had to download commons-digester-1.8.jar because it was not
   included in \struts-2.0.6\lib
   2. Added the three struts tiles jars to my project (plugin, core, api)
   3. Added org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener to web.xml
   4. Modified struts package to extend tiles-default
   5. Copied my tiles.xml
   6. Copied my jsp files

When I make an HTTPRequest to my  struts action it correctly makes the
request of the result type "tiles" but I receive the following error:

08:58:33,459 ERROR BasicTilesContainer:401 - Error rendering tile

I have double checked all the names and file locations and this message
doesn't give me much to go by!  After reviewing
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/tiles-plugin.html it appears the tiles tag
names have been changed so I updated them accordingly.  Any clues before I
jump?

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com