struts-user mailing list archives

From Manickam-Periaswamy.Vign...@epamail.epa.gov
Subject Re: Configuring struts in IDE
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:56:16 GMT
Thanks for your response.

I am not migrating from Struts 1 to struts 2. Infact I am new to struts. I
am just stumbling in configuring my IDE. I am using Eclipse WTP and was
configuring based on a tutorial http://java.sys-con.com/read/216320.htm

But now realized that article used struts 1.1 and I just read from struts
2 documentation that the corresponding tld file struts-tags.tld

Thanks

Vignesh Manickam Periaswamy
Web Application Developer Intern, Information Management Section
WPTD,   EPA Region 5         312-886-0887
email: Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epa.gov

Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>
04/02/2007 10:40 AM
Please respond to
Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Configuring struts in IDE

2007/4/2, Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov
<Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov>:
> I am sorry. In struts 2.0.6, those files (struts-config.xml,
> struts-bean.tld, struts-html.tld, struts-logic.tld, struts-nested.tld,
> struts-template.tld, struts-tiles.tld ) are not available. So where do
we
> get them?

>From your words it seems that you want to migrate from Struts 1 to
Struts 2 and that you don't know that Struts 1.x and 2.x are *very*
different. Different configuration files, different taglibs, different
Tiles support.
So the question is: are you sure that you are not making a big mistake
choosing Struts 2?

Just my 2 eurocents.
Antonio