struts-user mailing list archives

From Deryl Seale <deryl.se...@intel-assess.com>
Subject Re: CompositeActionMapper
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:54:50 GMT
As an update, I can obviously use url-pattern's in my web.xml to more
finely control which requests get sent to Struts, but there is still
the matter of the embedded static resources bundled with the struts
library.   Is there any setting to get the RestfulActionMapper to get
it to ignore requests for static resources?

thanks.
--Deryl

-----

Well I got a little further with this -- thanks!

Now I can get CompositeActionManager to work properly for actions
that are mapped both with traditional URL's (ie: /foo/bar.action) and
REST style URL's (/foo/bar/1).  Unfortunately, this seems to have
screwed up loading static content url's (/foo/bar.css) such that I
cannot get to JSP pages directly, and none of my stylesheets load.
Is there another mapper I need to add to this declaration:

<constant name="struts.mapper.class"

value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"/>
<constant name="struts.mapper.composite" value="struts,restful"/>

thanks.
--Deryl

On Mar 29, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Darren Salomons wrote:

> Deryl,
>
> I'm not sure if you solved your problem but this is how I got it to
> work.
> In the struts.mapper.composite value it is a list of the bean
> references
> from the struts-default.xml it is not a list of class names.  The
> bean name
> for the DefaultActionMapper is struts.  So you could configure the
> DefaultActionMapper and the RestfulMapper with the following
> configuration
> in your struts.xml file.
>
>     <constant name="struts.mapper.class"
> value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"/>
>     <constant name="struts.mapper.composite" value="struts,restful"/>
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Darren Salomons
>

> Deryl Seale wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I tried that, and all I got was an exception when I started up
>> the application saying that an ActionMapper with the name "struts"
>> had already been loaded, presumedly from struts-default.xml.  If
>> there is a way to make Struts use CompositeActionMapper with some
>> configuration entry in struts.xml, it is not obvious to me how to do
>> it (in spite of the documentation).
>>
>> --Deryl

>>> Have you tried it like this in struts.xml?
>>>
>>> <bean
>>> type="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.ActionMapper"
>>>
>>>       name="struts"
>>>
>>> class="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"
>>> />
>>> <constant name="struts.mapper.composite"
>>>
>>> value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper,foo.
>>> ba