struts-user mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Newbie. Authentification Interceptors
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:14:59 GMT
For what it's worth we use a combination of both JAAS and a custom
AuthInterceptor.

JAAS handles authentication and the AuthInterceptor manages authorisation.
This leverages off the strength of JAAS and has the flexibility required for
our needs.

A couple of sources of useful information are:

1. the JAAS in Action book (free)
2. WebWork in Action
3. Mark Mernards Blog has good example of implementing an interceptor.

Z.