struts-user mailing list archives

From "Givler, Eric" <egiv...@state.pa.us>
Subject RE: Struts/FormDef formatting question
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:27:41 GMT
Thanks for the quick response.

The field in the db is to be stored stripped of formatting.  However, the display and entry
of the field should include the formatting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Rabago [mailto:hrabago@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:21 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts/FormDef formatting question

Your form field will come in as String.  If you'll be storing the data
as string as well, maybe you don't need any more conversion between
the two.

Hubert

On 4/26/07, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:
> I was reading on the Formdef site about using a formatter (converter) for handling a
phone number for dynamic form beans in Struts.  I have a situation that is very similar to
this but I'm not sure how to go about writing it.  The existing table has numeric phone fields
which will not be changed, and will have two new phone fields added which are varchar2(14).
 In the case of a converter, I could see writing one for the Numeric since I could say that
the converter is going from Number to String.  However, what about where the db field is String
already?   I'm trying to use iBATIS for the db layer.