struts-user mailing list archives

From Suman Maity <maity_suma...@yahoo.com>
Subject tiles definition in global forward
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:47:11 GMT

Hi, we know that we can use a tiles definition as path of the forward tag
under action tag in struts config file
It looks like <action path=/....
                   ......>
                  <forward name="homePage" path="welcomePage"
redirect="true"/>
                 </action>

Since, I am using tiles plugin, here welcomePage is a tiles definition
consisiting of a header. body and a footer.
I am using this local forward to redirect to my home page when users want to

I made it a global forward so that I can use <html:link> tag's forward
attribute to redirect users to the home page. I wrote <html:link
forward="homePage">Back to Welcome Page</htmlLlink>, but it does not work
and shows page cannot be displayed. But when I use a jsp file path as the
value of path attribute of the forward tag, it works.
            <global-forwards>
                          <forward name="homePage" path="/jsp/home.jsp"/>
            </global-forwards>

The above one works. But the following does not work
             <global-forwards>
                          <forward name="homePage" path="welcomePage"/>
            </global-forwards>

Can we not use tiles definition in global forwards?