struts-user mailing list archives

From Edisandro <edisan...@hotmail.com>
Subject TilesServlet class not found
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 04:54:03 GMT

Hi guys,

My application uses JSF 1.1 and I would like to use Tiles without having to
use struts.

Many tutorials on the web tell that I can use Tiles without struts by using
the org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet class.

However, after configure my web.xml file to use such class as described on
these tutorials, I got a big fat ClassNotFoundException error.

After some google I could see that some people who have been using Struts
1.1 and then upgraded to latest versions like me also faced the same
problem.

Does anyone know whether this class has been deprecated or even banned from
the latest struts implementations ?

Where I can find this class ? Is there at least another alternative way to
use Tiles in my JSF application without having to use struts ?

Here's my web.xml file

<servlet>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet>
<servlet-name>TilesServet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>definitions-config</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles-definitions-clf.xml,/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>definitions-parser-validate</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>definitions-debug</param-name>
<param-value>2</param-value>
</init-param>

<load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

The error is:

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesServlet

Thanks in Advance.
Edisandro.