struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Preparable or interceptors - is there a better mailing list than this ? some thing for total newbies.
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:25:34 GMT
Just to add on a bit to Adam's detailed explanation...

--- Adam Ruggles <a.ruggles@gmail.com> wrote:
> So in your action you would have a public void
> setAccount(Account account); method. On your form
> you would have fields with names like account.id,
> account.description, ...

S2 will create an Account object and populate the
Account with the form values. Whether or not you're
updating or creating an Account, as Adam said, is
determined by whether or not the account ID is set.

Much of this is discussed in the CRUD tutorial:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/crud-demo-i.html

Looking at it now I can see there are some things that
should be updated, but just reading it without
implementing it might still be helpful. The showcase
app is also a decent place to look for some types of
information.

d.