struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ashish Kulkarni" <ashish.kulkarn...@gmail.com>
Subject How can i open new window and forward request to another action class
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:37:27 GMT
Hi
I have to handle the following situation.

1. When user click submit on the webpage, the request goes to the action
class.
2 This action class performs some task,
3 If the task is ok then this action class should forward the request to
another action class and also open a new browser window
4 if the task fails then this action class should forward the request to
another action class which displays user the error messages

How can i do step 3,

This is how i have defined it in struts-config.xml file

<action name="POApprovalForm"
            type="com.pfizer.maps.action.purchase.POApprovalAction"
            validate="false" input="/pages/ApprovalDataDisplay.jsp"
            scope="request" path="/pages/purchase/POApprovalAction">
            <forward name="success"

path="/pages/approvals/ApprovalDataDispatchAction.do?nextpage=home" />
            <forward name="error"
                path="/pages/purchasing/po.jsp" />

 </action>

in my POApprovalAction i do the following

 if (error.getCompletionFlag().equals("1"))
       {

         return mapping.findForward("error");
       }
else
{
       // this is where i want some thing to open a new browser window with
some parameters i would be sending
        return mapping.findForward("success");
}

I cannot define _blank in my jsp page as i want the success to open in same
window,

Ashish