struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: S2 life cycle
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:10:20 GMT
--- tom tom <j_lalith@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1) Will introspecttion works as in struts 1.x
> (automatic population from the jsp form fields,
> provided the pojo got necessary setters and getters.

Yes.

See the CRUD documentation for easy examples:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/crud-demo-i.html

> 2)How about the execution of validate method as per
> struts 1.x, in struts 1.x Action form has the
> validate method which will fire before the control
> delegate to the Action class.

Similar.

Again, the documentation:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/validation.html

> Can I achieve the above using ScopedModelDriven
> mechanism.

The two points above are completely independent of
ScopedModelDriven:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/scoped-model-driven-interceptor.html

Better documentation for ScopedModelDriven is most
likely forthcoming. The showcase app has an example of
ModelDriven, which is similar but not scoped.

d.