struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hubert Rabago" <hrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts/FormDef formatting question
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:37:18 GMT
Then you'll have to have code to convert between the two.  If you're
using Formdef, you can put this logic in Converter and associate that
converter with the field in the form you're using.  If not, you'll
have to handle this within your Action when you prepopulate your
outgoing form or parse the incoming form.

Hubert

On 4/26/07, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The field in the db is to be stored stripped of formatting.  However, the display and
entry of the field should include the formatting.

a phone number for dynamic form beans in Struts.  I have a situation that is very similar
to this but I'm not sure how to go about writing it.  The existing table has numeric phone
fields which will not be changed, and will have two new phone fields added which are varchar2(14).
 In the case of a converter, I could see writing one for the Numeric since I could say that
the converter is going from Number to String.  However, what about where the db field is String
already?   I'm trying to use iBATIS for the db layer.