struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jae K" <invr...@gmail.com>
Subject resume after login feature
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:31:53 GMT
Hello all, this is a struts2 question.

I'm trying to implement a feature where a custom AuthenticationInterceptor
would redirect the useragent to a login page, and then after the user logs
in, he is redirected to the original request page.

First, I have to send the original request path has a parameter to the login
page or as a hidden field. To do this I plan to do one of the following.
1) use Redirect-Action with an OGNL param that looks like ${request.path}.
I'm not familiar with OGNL so I'm not sure this will work
2) create a custom Redirect class that will use the HttpServletRequest and
HttpServletResponse objects to send the original request path in the
redirect URL.

Then as a result of the Login action I will need a way to redirect the user
again, this time to the original request path. Again, I plan to use
Redirect-Action with an OGNL param (maybe like ${request.param['origpath']}),
or a custom Redirect class.

Please let me know the path to take, or whether there is a better way to do
this. Thanks in advance.

 - Jae