struts-user mailing list archives

From Skip Hollowell <s...@skipdaddy.com>
Subject [S2]Loop through two arrays in my JSP
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:39:48 GMT
I have two Arrays (account.amt and account.date) and while they are both
the same size, I don't know what that size is until the page gets em.
If I really needed to I guess I could also put a size field into account.

But what is the best way to loop over them  and grab these values?

I can easily go over one field at a time:
    <s:iterator value="payment.datePaid">
      <s:property/>
    </s:iterator>

I can't seem to find any looping constructs that would get me the index
each time through and allow me to do something like:
  //index i=0
  <somesortaloopcontracut>
    <s:textfield key="payment.amtToPay" value="%{payment.amtToPay[i]}"
theme="simple" />
    <s:textfield key="payment.datePaid" value="%{payment.datePaid[i]}"
theme="simple"/><br>
  //increment my index i
 </s:iterator>

Am I missing some basic way of doing things, or am I way off base on my
object definitions.  I tried the alternate way, creating an array of
payments (instead of a payment with an array of dates and an array of
amounts), with each payment having a date and an amount, but then I
couldn't update these objects from the form (see earlier post and some
suggestions from Mike Menard, which I wasn't able to get functioning)