struts-user mailing list archives

From mansou...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: confused about validation
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:49:34 GMT
mansour77@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ted Husted wrote:
>> On 4/1/07, mansour77@yahoo.com <mansour77@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> For example what is the name space here in struts applications ?
>>
>> * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/namespace-configuration.html
>>
>> The namespace should not affect validation.
>>
>>> but nothing is happening and no validation is taking place. can any one
>>> kindly recommend something?
>>
>> You may need to use a lowercase v in -validation.
>
> I just checked and it's lowercase.
>>
>> At runtime, is the Account-validation.xml in the same package/folder
>> as the Java class?
> No it's not. I moved it to the package, but now I am getting error
> that the action is not found !
>

> HTTP Status 404 - /Invoice/pages/createAccount.action

> *type* Status report
>
> *message* _/Invoice/pages/createAccount.action_
>
> *description* _The requested resource
> (/Invoice/pages/createAccount.action) is not available._

> Apache Tomcat/6.0.2
>

> However, the error shows that it's using wrong path for the action. If
> I know how to rectify this, I this I will make a progress.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>

>> -Ted.

Now I getting totally different error:

HTTP Status 500 -
*type* Exception report
*message*
*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._
*exception*

No result defined for action billing.Account and result input - action - file:/home/mansour/workspace/Invoice/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:12:64

Any Idea what's going on