struts-user mailing list archives

From mansou...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: confused about validation
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:46:49 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> On 4/1/07, mansour77@yahoo.com <mansour77@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> For example what is the name space here in struts applications ?
>
> * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/namespace-configuration.html
>
> The namespace should not affect validation.
>
>> but nothing is happening and no validation is taking place. can any one
>> kindly recommend something?
>
> You may need to use a lowercase v in -validation.

I just checked and it's lowercase.

> At runtime, is the Account-validation.xml in the same package/folder
> as the Java class?
No it's not. I moved it to the package, but now I am getting error that
the action is not found !

HTTP Status 404 - /Invoice/pages/createAccount.action

*type* Status report

*message* _/Invoice/pages/createAccount.action_

*description* _The requested resource
(/Invoice/pages/createAccount.action) is not available._

Apache Tomcat/6.0.2

However, the error shows that it's using wrong path for the action. If I
know how to rectify this, I this I will make a progress.

Thank you for your help.