struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Russo" <Frank.Ru...@sas.com>
Subject RE: [s2] Problem with no checkboxes selected
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:19:34 GMT
Your form has to implement the ActionForm's reset method. In that method, you should set all
of your boolean attributes to false. The reason has to do with http. Only checked checkboxes
are submitted on a post request, and only attributes that are submitted have their setters
called. If you set everything to false on reset, then the checkboxes that are checked will
have their setter's called with true. The unchecked ones will stay false from the reset call...

-----Original Message-----
From: Zoran Avtarovski [mailto:zoran@sparecreative.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 9:12 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [s2] Problem with no checkboxes selected

I've run into a problem where when I edit a form which has check boxes.

1. If I create a new object via the form and have no check boxes selected it works fine.

2. If I create a new object via the form and have one or more check boxes selected it works
fine.

3. If I edit an object which has had one or more check boxes selected and deselect all the
check boxes the object retains the previous values for the check box variable.

This clearly has something to with the fact the setter method is not being called if no check
boxes are selected and my object values are somehow persisting beyond the request. What am
I doing wrong here and is there a work around to this?

Please any pointers on this would be appreciated.

Z.