struts-user mailing list archives

From "Harring Figueiredo" <harri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S2 life cycle
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:06:03 GMT
Tom,

I forgot to mention that unlike S1, in S2 the action class does not have to
be thread safe - The action class will be instantiated for each request, and
thus it will have its own instance of the POJO or member variables.
You can pass the "ActionForm", in our case, the POJO object to another
action byt putting the pojo into the session object
[session.setAttribute(..)]

There are 2 types of validation - 1) Using Validators. 2) Implementing a
Validatable interface on your Action. Look at the links provided to you from
previous email.

Hope this helps.

Harring