struts-user mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: sub-struts
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 00:12:33 GMT
On Sunday 08 April 2007 02:01:24 Asaf Paris Mandoki wrote:
> I forgot to say that the directory structure i wrote on my first post
> (which was wrong [forgot the web-inf directory]), should be inside a
> directory of the application. So each widget should have it's own
> "classes" directory, struts.xml, etc.
>
> The directory nesting is not necessary, but the widgets will work as
> children to the main application will be nested so it makes more sense
> to me.
>
> The objective is to have struts within struts.

Yes, I did understand that. Just did not understand why you would want that
and tried to show other solutions that may solve your needs :-)

If you really want to make several struts2 applications and "compose" them
somehow, you could use sitemesh to do so. But I think configuring and
developing several stand-alone webapps is much more work than developing
everything within one s2 application.

Piero