struts-user mailing list archives

From "Slattery, Tim - BLS" <Slattery....@bls.gov>
Subject RE: Struts in Servlet 2.4
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:31:45 GMT
> <c:forEach items="${RespData}" var="resp">
>
> Andit points to "items" and gives this message:
>
> This attribute does not support request time values.

Well, I've made some progress, I guess.

I removed the jstl.jar and standard.jar that came with the Struts
distribution. I deleted the <taglib> tags for c: and fmt: in web.xml.
And I got rid of references to -el tags, since in this brave new world,
EL should be built-in.

And now the page gets past the compiler. But it stops at my first Struts
tag:

paramName="Contact"
       paramProperty="solicitationNumber" styleClass="menu"
title="Respondent Information"
       onClick="Javascript:return contact_window(this,
'Contact','false')">
          Update Respondent Information</html:link>

The error message is: Root cause of ServletException.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean Contact in any scope

Now the Action module that runs and invokes this JSP page uses
session.setAttribute to store a bean under the name "Contact". I have
some debug print in that module, and there's *no* doubt at all that it's
running that statement. So why can't my struts tag find my bean?

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov