struts-user mailing list archives

From "Slattery, Tim - BLS" <Slattery....@bls.gov>
Subject Cannot find bean in any scope
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:58:07 GMT
I'm trying to get a Struts 1.1 (or...maybe 1.2) app to run under
Weblogic 9.0. It's been running happily under WL 8.

WL 9 supports J2EE 2.4, so I replaced the top line in web.xml with:

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
         version="2.4">

And I surrounded the <taglib> tags with a <jsp-config> tag. The app
deploys with no errors (which is not true of every app I try to deploy,
but that's another story....).

SO...when I run this app, the first servlet is invoked. A session is
created, a bean named "model" is created and initialized, and this
statement is executed:

		    session.setAttribute("Contact", model);

So now there's a session attribute named "Contact" which holds this
bean. Had something gone haywire in this small module, a "catch" clause
would have been invoked that would have dumped something drastic on my
log. There's a line on the log saying that this sevlet was run, but
nothing drastic appeared there.

Anyway, the servlet then invokes a JSP page (via mapping.findForward).
That page contains this tag:

paramName="Contact"
       paramProperty="solicitationNumber" styleClass="menu"
title="Respondent Information"
       onClick="Javascript:return contact_window(this,
'Contact','false')">
          Update Respondent Information</html:link>

But I get this message:
<Apr 10, 2007 1:21:39 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017>
<[weblogic.servlet.int
ernal.WebAppServletContext@1316e85 - appName: 'CES', name: 'CES',
context-path:
'/CES'] Root cause of ServletException.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean Contact in any scope

So why in the world can't it find the "Contact" session attribute?

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov