struts-user mailing list archives

From chengas123 <benjamin.j.mcc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Formatting inside Iterator tag
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:59:20 GMT

Dave Newton-4 wrote:

> --- chengas123 <benjamin.j.mccann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can this be any properties file or are you referring
>
>> to struts.properties?
>
> It needs to be one of the normal properties files used
> for messages etc. that S2 searches for, where you keep
> the rest of your messages/properties. (So no, I don't
> think struts.properties would work.)
>
>> Is there any way in which I can do this without
>> messing with a properties file?
>
> I don't know, but that would kind of defeat the
> purpose of having I18N property files; AFAIK the S2
> tags are more or less wrappers around standard Java
> I18N & localization functionality.
>
> The link:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html
>
> provided on the <s:text.../> reference page goes in to
> a fair amount of detail about the values contained in
> the properties file.
>
> d.

Awesome.  Got it working by adding that to a package.properties file.
I have no plans to internationalize this site and it wasn't immediately
obvious to me that formatting would fall under the category of localization
(although I understand why it does), so I'm afraid this was an area I hadn't
made any efforts to learn.
Thanks again for the help.