struts-user mailing list archives

From chengas123 <benjamin.j.mcc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Formatting inside Iterator tag
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:49:09 GMT

Mark Menard wrote:

> <s:text name="format.date"><s:param name="value" value="orderDate"
> /></s:text>
>
> That will do the date, there are some other formats listed on the Wiki I
> think. *shrug*
>
> Mark

When I put the exact text you gave me into my .jsp the text "format.date" is
printed out to the page.  After a little more research it looks like
format.date need to be defined in a properties file somewhere.  Can this be
any properties file or are you referring to struts.properties?  Can I put it
in struts.xml?  What do I set format.date equal to, is there anything I need
to do to make sure it is picked up by Struts, etc.?  If there are detailed
instructions somewhere I'm not opposed to reading a little documentation.  I
just haven't been able to find any with enough detail to help me out.
Is there any way in which I can do this without messing with a properties
file?