struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Do I really need to migrate to Struts2?
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 04:07:27 GMT
skillipedia wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> That's not the whole question.
>
> I've been using only the controller + tiles of Struts for years and I
> managed to create a big web  site http://www.skillipedia.com Skillipedia  .
> If I will be using   Struts2   without using  the tags <s:xxx>, do I still
> need to the latest Struts.

If Struts 1 is working well for you, then there is no reason to move to
Struts 2 unless you want to start taking advantage of features Struts 2
has and Struts 1 doesn't. Struts 1 isn't going away. I'm confident it
will continue to be in use in any number of existing projects for years
to come. It's still being actively developed and maintained, even now
Struts 2 has been released as GA.

L.