struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Please help: Struts tags don't evaluate any expressions
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:06:25 GMT
You probably *don't* want the -el taglibs on Tomcat 5. You will need to
make sure your web.xml uses the Servlet 2.4 style namespace declaration,
though, to get EL working.

For scriptlets, your problem is invalid syntax. An attribute value can
be either plain text, or an RT expression. You can't mix the two forms.
Try this instead:

But I'd strongly suggest getting EL working and avoiding RT expressions
and scriptlets altogether.

L.